Jeff Savage, CFP®, RICP®
LPL Financial Advisor
Photos, top left, clockwise: Young Jeff. 20 years and 20 pounds ago. Jeff's wife and daughter. Guinea pigs Princess Nibbles and Countess Callie.
Jeff was born and raised in southern Colorado. While he considers clients more interesting than himself, a bit of background may help explain why he likes this profession. His late father’s family line was comprised of ranchers, farmers, and miners, among other vocations. His mother’s line is filled with mathematicians, physicists, economists, and engineers – including his older brother. Not blessed with the physical gifts to excel in a hands-on profession nor the interest in one specific quantitative field, he wound up in telecommunications – at the height of the dotcom bubble. He then decided to revisit a long-time interest in markets and investing, and more specifically the multifaceted element of financial planning – around 5 years before the Global Financial Crisis and great recession. Assured that vocational counseling would not be an option after entering the tech sector ahead of a massive downturn and financial services ahead of the worst financial crisis in nearly 80 years, he redoubled his efforts in financial planning.
Being fortunate to deal with a variety of different clients keeps things interesting. While many financial firms attempt to emphasize their tailored solutions and focus on each individual client, far fewer actually do so. Each client’s situation is like a 3 dimensional puzzle with the added challenge that the pieces typically change shape over time. Helping clients put the puzzle together and make adjustments that work over time is satisfying. Add in unique family dynamics and competing priorities and you’ve got a real challenge. Top that off with changing markets, laws, and economic cycles, and you have the makings of a very interesting profession. It doesn’t take a “rocket scientist” to solicit a questionnaire and plug you into a computer modeled portfolio. Putting a bunch of puzzle pieces together in a cohesive but flexible form that you can live with over time is another animal altogether.
- Jeff Savage has been a CFP® professional since 2008
- Jeff Savage earned the Retirement Income Certified Professional® designation in 2016
- Series 7 Registration, General Securities Representative, administered by Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)* - 2004
- Series 66 Registration, Investment Advisor Representative, administered by Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)* - 2004
- Oregon State Insurance Licenses: Life & Health - 2003
- Master of Science degree in Management, Colorado Technical University - 1998
- Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Sociology, magna cum laude, Colorado State University at Pueblo - 1994
* Securities registration held with LPL Financial
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA's BrokerCheck.